school-1953

St Bede’s is one of two Catholic Schools in the partnered parishes of St Anne’s, East Kew and St Bede’s, North Balwyn. St Bede’s school was established in 1945 by the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions and commenced on the 19th February with 21 students. Sr Catherine Brabender was the last Sister of Our Lady of the Missions to lead St Bede’s school.


There has always been a very strong community spirit and the support of parents and their close involvement in all aspects of the school and parish has been one of its strengths. This continues into the present day.

 

classroom

Over many years we have been fortunate to have strong support both from our community, as well as from the Federal Government to maintain a well-designed and equipped school. The most recent additions have provided quality learning areas, an art room and our diversely used Jarrow Room. This was funded partly through the Federal Government's “Building Education Revolution” program.

 

Today St Bede’s is a thriving school community with just over 300 students and 13 class groupings.